I Am Eric's Temporary Campaign
These rules vary from the standard rules in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
- There will be no use of Traits or Achievement Feats in the campaign, either for PCs or NPCs.
- Acrobatics: The DC to use Acrobatics to tumble through a square threatened by an opponent is 15 plus the opponent’s base attack bonus. The DC to tumble through a square occupied by an opponent is 25 + the opponent’s base attack bonus. If the opponent has one or more ranks in Acrobatics, he may choose to substitute his Acrobatics bonus for his base attack bonus.
- Arcane Armor Mastery: Change the Benefit text to the following:
bq). The arcane spell failure chance due to the armor you are wearing is reduced by 20%. This bonus replaces, and does not stack with, the bonus granted by Arcane Armor Training.
- Arcane Armor Training: Change the Benefit text to the following:
bq). The arcane spell failure chance due to the armor you are wearing is reduced by 10%.
- Arcane Strike: You may defer the decision to use Arcane Strike (or not) until after the attack roll has been resolved, but before the weapon damage has been rolled. If you decide to use the Arcane Strike on a successful hit, it still requires a swift action to perform; this action occurs simultaneously with the weapon strike.
- Lunge may only be used with a piercing melee weapon. There is no penalty to AC after lunging.
- Weapon Finesse may be used with a scimitar of the appropriate size category.
- Armor Damage Reduction: Light armor (padded, leather, studded leather, or chain shirt) provides DR 1/adamantine. Medium armor (hide, scale, chainmail, or breastplate) provides DR 2/adamantine. Heavy armor (splint, banded, half-plate or full plate) provides DR 3/adamantine. These damage reduction bonuses stack with any damage reduction the character has as a special ability, as well as any damage reduction bonuses to the armor from magical enhancement. The damage reduction for adamantine armor is X/- (not bypassable).
- Darts and shuriken are treated as “ammunition” in the following ways: when they hit a target they are rendered useless, and they are lost 50% of the time on misses; they are priced as ammunition for the purpose of special materials construction and magical enhancement. For all other purposes they are treated as “thrown weapons.”
- Javelins may be retrieved after throwing, and are priced as “light weapons” for the purpose of special materials construction and magical enhancement. For all other purposes they are treated as “thrown weapons.”
- When casting a spell with the area “line”, that has a Reflex save for half damage (such as lightning bolt), the caster may add his Dexterity modifier to the DC of the saving throw in place of his spellcasting ability modifier.
- If a creature makes its Reflex saving throw by 10 or more, against a spell that deals damage over an area; and the creature is not surprised, has not lost their Dexterity bonus to AC, or is otherwise immobilized (GM’s decision); and there is an unoccupied space adjacent to the creature outside the AoE; then the creature may, as an immediate action in response to the spell effect, take a five foot step into the unoccupied square outside the AoE and take no damage from the spell. Afterwards, that creature loses their Dexterity bonus to AC until their next turn (unless they possess the Uncanny Dodge class ability, or equivalent).
- The flames created by produce flame may be used as a magical touch attack, either melee touch or ranged touch; they are not treated as a weapon, ranged or otherwise. Making an attack with produce flame, either ranged touch or melee touch, is a standard action, and cannot be performed on the same turn that the spell is cast on, unless the spell has been quickened.
- Repair minor damage (Spell Compendium) is not compatible with the Pathfinder RPG cantrip rules. The cantrip mending may be used to stabilize a construct as per the orison stabilize.
- The following spells are recategorized as Evocation [force]: mage armor, lesser orb of force (SC), orb of force (SC).
- The following spells are recategorized as Evocation [sonic]: lesser orb of sound (SC), orb of sound (SC).
- The spell magic missile requires the caster to make a successful ranged touch attack against each target. He must declare the targets of each missile before rolling these attacks; he need only make one roll against each target even if the target is being struck by multiple missiles. When successful, the spell deals 1d6+1 damage per missile instead of 1d4+1.
- The spell breath of life may be spontaneously cast (for a prepared 5th level cleric spell) by clerics who can spontaneously cast cure spells.
- Arcane spellcasters may cast spells from divine scrolls, and vice versa, so long as they meet all other requirements for the scribed spell (the spell must appear on their class spell list, they must be of sufficient level to cast the spell, and they must meet the minimum ability score to cast the spell).